Privacy Notice Back to Home
Effective Date: 01-01-2020
Property Solutions Insurance Agency, LLC. (collectively, "ResidentInsure", "we", "us", "our") are committed to protecting individual privacy and maintaining the trust of our customers who purchase a policy or other services through us ("Customers"), business clients of us or our parent company, Entrata, Inc. (“Clients”), and visitors to our websites (collectively, "Visitors"). It is important to us that we provide transparency regarding our collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information (for purposes of this Privacy Notice, we use the California Consumer Privacy Act’s (“CCPA”) definition of “Personal Information”).
Please Note: This Privacy Notice does not contemplate any processing of Personal Information covered by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. WHAT DOES THIS PRIVACY NOTICE APPLY TO?
This Privacy Notice describes how we use, share, and protect the Personal Information of Customers and Visitors who visit the ResidentInsure Site. It also describes the rights and choices regarding use, access to, and correction of Personal Information available.
Important to Note:
ResidentInsure provides its Platforms for use by our Clients, which are typically residential and commercial real estate property managers and property owners. Our Clients use our Platforms to manage the administration of renter’s insurance to its tenants. Any use of Client Data by us is carried out pursuant to an agreement (and/or our applicable Terms of Service) in place between ResidentInsure and our Client.
If you, as a Customer or Visitor, have any questions or concerns about the data handling practices of an ResidentInsure Client using our Platforms to process and store your personal information, please contact the relevant Client directly.
Finally, Our ResidentInsure Site may contain links to other third-party websites. The information practices and content of such third-party websites are governed by their own privacy notices. We encourage you to review the privacy notices of such third-party websites to understand their information practices.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND WHY?
We may collect Personal Information in various ways, including in connection with your application for a quote, to process and manage your insurance policy, offer you additional products and services that we think may be of interest to you, for analytics purposes, and when you contact our customer services; or in connection with your inquiries and communications with us. We may also collect Personal Information from other sources, including Clients and data companies.
We have created the following table to help you understand the categories of Personal Information that we are responsible for, and process:
|Categories of Personal Information:||Specific Types of Personal Information:||Source:||Why We Collect It – Our Purposes|
|Customer Information||Contact Information: First and last name, email address, phone number, residence information. Insurance Details: Insured unit number, lease period, co-occupants (co-residents, co-tenants), bank account, credit/debit card Operational Data: Transactions, policy coverage levels, account balances, billing information, sales, purchases, uses, supplier information, credentials to online services and platforms, and electronic content produced by individuals using company systems, including online interactive and voice communications such as through email, phone or, network sessions.||Directly from our Clients and from you.||
Communicate with Customers for the purpose of supporting our contractual relationship. This
|Prospective Customer Data||First and last name, email address, employer, phone number, residence information.||Directly from Prospective Customer.||
Contact prospective Customers. This includes:
|Prospective Client Personnel Data||First and last name, email address, employer, phone number (work), physical address (work), job title.||Directly from Prospective Client Personnel.||
Contact prospective Clients in order to set up demos of our Platforms. This includes:
|Visitors||Contact Information: Name, company, business address, business email, business telephone.||Directly from Visitors to our Site.||
Provide you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitate social sharing with your
consent or where we have a legitimate interest. This includes:
3. HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We do not use Personal Information for purposes that are materially different to the purposes for which they were originally collected, as set out in Section 2. If these purposes change in the future, we will provide you with notice and a request to consent to (or an opportunity to opt-out of) this new use where so required by applicable law.
“Do Not Track” Notice: “Do Not Track” is a preference that you can set in your browser to let websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you. ResidentInsure does not currently respond to, or honor, Do Not Track signals or requests from your browser.
4. HOW DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA?
We will not disclose any personal information that we collect from you to any external parties except as indicated below (for CCPA purposes, all of the below categories of data recipients are classified as Service Providers or Third Parties, as those terms are defined):
- Our Affiliates. Property Solutions Insurance Agency, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Entrata, Inc. We may disclose personal information to our parent company Entrata, Inc. and any subsidiaries and affiliates within the Entrata corporate group (click here for a list of Entrata's subsidiaries).
- Service Providers. We may disclose personal information to our service providers who perform certain services necessary to run our business (for example, insurance companies, insurance agents, underwriters, data hosting and development, data analysis, customer service, auditing and other services), provided that these service providers have entered into legally binding agreements with us to protect the personal information shared, limit their use, retention, and disclosure of the personal information, and assist us with our compliance requirements.
- Legal Request. We may disclose personal information to comply with applicable law and our regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations (which may include laws outside your country of residence), to respond to requests from public and government authorities (which may include authorities outside your country of residence), to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons.
- Business Transfer. We may disclose personal information to a buyer or successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of ResidentInsure’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, receivership, or similar proceeding in which personal information held by Entrata are among the assets to be transferred.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of seventeen (17) without authorization by a holder of parental responsibility. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from or about a child under the age of seventeen (17), please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Personal Data of a Minor.”
6. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and password (either as a Client or an End User) to access our Platforms, you are responsible for keeping this information confidential and preventing unauthorized access to your account. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the "How to Contact Us" section below.
Where we collect your payment card information, we will comply with all applicable Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS).
7. RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which they were obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you or our Client, and provide the use of our Platforms to you or our Client (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Platforms);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
8. KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION UPDATED
Where you have set up an account on one of our Platforms through our Clients, it is up to you to keep your personal information up to date. If you are unable to update your personal information, please contact our relevant Client with which you have a primary relationship. If our Client is unable to assist you, we will endeavor to assist our Client with updating your information.
9. INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
The information and rights in this section apply specifically to California residents.
In compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), ResidentInsure does not sell, trade, or rent any Personal Information, nor have we done so in the preceding twelve months.
ResidentInsure has not sold the Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age without first attaining affirmative authorization.
California residents are entitled to contact us to request information about whether we have disclosed Personal Information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Currently ResidentInsure does not disclose Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Thus, upon receipt of such a request by a California consumer, and as required by California state law, we will respond with either (1) a confirmation that we have not disclosed any Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the previous calendar year, or (2) if our practices have changed, provide a list of all third parties to whom Personal Information was disclosed for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, whichever is relevant. California consumers may request further information about our compliance with this law by emailing us at email@example.com.
Under the CCPA, California consumers have various rights regarding the Personal Information that we collect and process using ResidentInsure’s platforms.
Note: These rights are only exercisable directly against ResidentInsure when we are determining the purposes and means of processing of your Personal Information (which we generally do if you are a Customer, prospective Customer, an employee of one of our Clients or someone we are sending marketing communications to). Please reach out to our Clients if you, as a Customer or Visitor, have any questions or concerns about the data handling practices of an ResidentInsure Client using our Platforms to process and store your personal information.
California consumers have the right to:
- Request disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that a Business has collected about you;
- Request disclosure of the categories of third-party sources, if any, from which a Business has collected Personal Information about you;
- Disclosure of the Business or Commercial Purpose(s) for which your Personal Information has been collected;
- Receive a list of the categories of third parties with whom a business has shared your Personal Information;
- Request that a business delete any Personal Information that it has collected from you (subject to exceptions).
- Not be discriminated against by a business (e.g. charged different rates, provided different levels of service, denied goods or services, or suggested any of the preceding) for exercising any of the individual rights granted above.
- Designate an authorized agent to exercise any of the individual rights granted above, on your behalf.
- Opt-out of the sale of Personal Information, if applicable.
To exercise any of your rights as a California consumer, you should contact ResidentInsure by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or filling out this form or by calling (866) 249-1066.
Before complying with your request, we may need to verify that it is you that is making the request. To accomplish this, you (or your authorized agent) may be requested to (1) confirm specific pieces of Personal Information that we already know about you, or (2) provide us with appropriate identification depending on the sensitivity of the information requested. California consumers are limited to two requests for Personal Information per twelve-month period.
10. CUSTOMER PAYMENT INFORMATION
Your payment information may be processed via third party payment processors in accordance with such payment processors’ terms and policies. We transmit your complete payment information when you initiate a payment through the ResidentInsure Platform. We temporarily collect this information only so that we can pass it along to our payment processors, which you agree to use by submitting a payment through the ResidentInsurePlatform. We do not store your payment information.
11. UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Notice on this page, with a notice that it has been updated on our main homepage. If we make material changes to how we treat your Personal Information, we will notify you through a notice on the homepage. The date that this Privacy Notice was last revised is listed at the top of the page. You are responsible for visiting our site and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or complaints related to our practices with respect to the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, please feel free to contact us at:
Attn: Legal Department 4205 Chapel Ridge Road Lehi, UT 84043 email@example.com